Fast + Epp’s COVID-19 Workplace Health & Safety Update
June 4, 2020
The safety and care of our clients, project partners, and staff continue to be Fast + Epp’s top priority. As our offices prepare for and move into the next phase of their respective Province/State’s Restart Plan, we have developed a Workplace Health & Safety Policy to ensure the wellbeing of everyone involved.
A summary of our policy and plan is as follows:
- Staff traveling into the office or conducting local site-visits should use transportation methods that limit their degree of exposure (i.e. car, walking, and/or biking).
- All external and internal meetings will continue to take place virtually to limit the degree of exposure.
- We will conduct risk assessments for all site visits before leaving and when we arrive on site.
- Our employees are instructed to stay home if they are symptomatic (including any of the following: sneezing, coughing, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, and/or painful swallowing), have been in close contact with anyone sick or presents any flu-like symptoms, and/or are under the direction of the provincial/state health office to self-isolate.
- Each office location will abide by state/provincial “Restart Plan Phase” guidelines on how many employees are allowed in the office; those in the office should remain six feet/two meters apart. Workspaces may be reconfigured to respect this distance, and communal areas in the office will be closed or have occupancy limits. Additionally, we will follow CDC’s recommended instructions.
- Work may be refused if we believe it presents an undue hazard to ourselves or other members of the public. Policy and Procedures are in place if any employee contracts COVID-19 and any employees or clients exposed will be contacted.
Fast + Epp will make sure to abide by State/Province COVID-19 public health advisory guidelines and will conduct workplace risk assessments when required and update our policies/plans as needed. Our full Workplace Health and Safety Policy/Restart Plan can be viewed here.
Thank you for your continued cooperation during this time. Please feel free to Contact Us with any questions.