Fast + Epp is an internationally recognized structural engineering firm that prioritizes creativity and simplicity. Our firm has been involved with an extensive variety of public and private projects around the globe. Fast + Epp has been established in Vancouver since 1985, and is expanding across North America to New York, Seattle, Edmonton and Calgary.
Fast + Epp is looking for a Structural Engineering Office Lead to take a managing role in our New York office and become an important part of our leadership team. You will be responsible for building new and existing client relationships, working with our staff both in New York and Vancouver. The person that we are seeking to join our team must share our company core values and be able to utilize strong initiative and leadership skills to support growth in our New York office.
- Manage the overall strategy and administration of the existing New York office, with a high level of freedom to bring new ideas and grow the business.
- Lead and manage a team of engineers & project managers, providing strategic direction, supporting project deadlines, helping with employee reviews, and encouraging staff to improve performance.
- Maintain relationships with existing clients and grow our client base in the New York Area.
- Produce fee estimates based on relevant projects, including time required, in conjunction with other management personnel and with the support of the marketing/proposal team.
- Identify, negotiate and manage promotional work with new clients. Liaise with other office teams on business development for large projects and clients within the United States and Canada.
- Understand state laws and codes and NYC construction climate.
- Give presentations in project meetings, client offices, and potentially conference atmosphere.
- Ensure accountability to office quality standards, budgets, and core values.
- Report to the Management Team with updates on office status, engagement with other staff on technical, project, and BD issues.
- Professional Engineer’s License in the State of New York preferable or ability to apply for reciprocity (ability to become licensed in additional states preferred)
- 8 years minimum of Structural Engineering related experience requiring significant, independent responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering minimum, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience as a Project Manager, Team Manager, and Team Leader having worked with multiple projects and multiple clients in both the public and private sectors.
- Strong knowledge of industry standards for engineering, project planning, construction, as well as NYC building codes
- Possess good communication and people skills being able to provide and assist in all aspects of client relationships, employee relationships and business development efforts.
- Ability to work in diverse teams and mentor staff
- Capacity for multitasking for multiple projects and tasks, with the ability to set team priorities
- Ability to manage time well, schedule tasks, estimate timelines for teams
- Ability to solve problems and able to look ahead and anticipate potential problems and find solutions to prevent them from occurring.
- Legally able to travel for work, within the United States and Canada (Canada work permit not required, only eligibility)
Interested candidates can submit a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.