Fast + Epp is an internationally recognized structural engineering firm with a team that prioritizes creativity and simplicity. We work with all materials but are well known for our mass timber and timber-hybrid projects. We love working on architecturally expressive structures, on every scale from single-family homes to large institutional buildings. We enjoy work with a high premium on structural expression. We strive to improve people’s lives through practical, holistic structural design.
Hours and Days of Work
37.5 hour / 5-day Work Week; Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5pm.
As the IT Administrator you are focused on ensuring the uptime, integrity and security of Fast + Epp IT systems and software.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- 3+ years experience as an IT Administrator, IT Coordinator, Systems Administrator or similar role
- Technology degree or diploma or equivalent experience
- Experience supporting Microsoft environments including Active Directory, O365, Azure (Intune deployments), Teams and Exchange. SharePoint experience is an asset.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure architecture, networking, virtualization, identity, security and storage
- Experience with backup management, upgrading systems and applications, patch management, performance tuning, monitoring, alerting and disaster recovery.
- Good understanding of network components switches, routers, firewalls, VPN tunnels and configuration of end user devices and wireless access points.
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to transform technical concepts and processes into clear, concise, straightforward language for non-technical people
- Capacity for regular multitasking with the ability to set priorities effectively
- Ability to maintain composure during high volume situation
- Experience assessing technology needs and making technology recommendations
- Manage deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, PCs, operating systems, and software applications
- Perform regular maintenance tasks to ensure reliable, secure and efficient operation of systems and networks
- Monitor systems and networks for alerts, taking action to resolve and/or escalate
- Deploy, configure and manage software via Microsoft InTune
- Implement, upgrade and decommission infrastructure components
- Manage and complete technical projects
- Work with our IT Managed Services Provider (MSP) and other vendors for escalated and high-priority support issues
- Coordinate onsite deskside support visits across all offices
- Ensure proper technical documentation is in-place and up to date
- Participate in the employee onboarding process by setting up new users and ensuring they have appropriate access to the needed hardware and software and facilitating an IT orientation session with new employees. Managing the IT components of employee offboarding
- Manage technical vendor relationship and vendor escalations
- Hardware and software asset management
- Evaluate and recommend hardware and software purchases
- Assist the Operations Manager with setting and managing the IT budget; and leading the annual computer refresh program
- The position description may be changed upon authority of the Director of Operations
Why Work for Us?
- A commitment to your professional development, with offered tuition assistance
- Flexible working hours with the ability to utilize “Flex Time” for additional paid time off.
- Annual company bonus
- Office closure between Christmas and New Years Day.
- A positive working atmosphere
- Social events and activities – we like to have fun too!
- Customized to your liking extended health plan, Dental coverage, a health care spending account and RRSP matching
- Very transit friendly location with a Transit subsidy pass
If you feel like you would be a good fit for this position, please apply with your resume at https://fastepp.applytojob.com/apply/0NcKWj2gJH/IT-Administrator.
Due to the volume of applicants we will only be contacting qualified candidates.
Fast + Epp is an equal opportunity employer, embracing diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.