Fast + Epp is an internationally recognized structural engineering firm with a team that prioritizes creativity and simplicity. We work with all materials but are well known for our mass timber and timber-hybrid projects. We love working on architecturally expressive structures, on every scale from single-family homes to large institutional buildings. We enjoy work with a high premium on structural expression.
We are looking for an HR Coordinator with a minimum of 3 years of experience to join our team in our Vancouver Office. We are looking for a self-directed, reliable individual with outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. The HR Coordinator is expected to be a conceptual thinker with fantastic organizational and time management skills. The HR Coordinator should display strong problem solving and decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relationships, staffing management and some payroll. This position works closely with the Human Resource Manager and communicates professionally with all other employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related (essential)
- 2 years of experience as an HR Coordinator (essential)
- Exposure to labour Law and employment equity regulations
- Effective HR administration and people management skills
- Exposure to payroll practices
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools
- Fantastic organizational, time management skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Assist with all internal and external HR related inquires or requests
- Maintain both hard and digital copies of employees’ records
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks and issuing employment contracts
- Assist with performance management procedures
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars
- Perform orientations and update new employment records
- Keep up to date with the lasts HR trends and best practice
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position depends on experience and qualifications. We believe in measuring results, not counting hours, which means your schedule is flexible. Other benefits include comprehensive health coverage, a retirement savings plan, a performance-based bonus, and reimbursement for Continued Education, Professional Societies, and Professional Registrations.
Fast + Epp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
If you’re interested, please email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume. You must be currently authorized to work lawfully in Canada.
Interested in Fast + Epp, but not this job? Follow us on Linked In and Twitter: @fast_epp