Fast + Epp is an internationally recognized award-winning structural engineering firm that prioritizes creativity and simplicity. We work with all materials but are well known for our mass timber and timber-hybrid projects. We love working on architecturally expressive structures, on every scale from single-family homes to large institutional buildings. Fast + Epp have been established in Vancouver since 1985, since expanding across North America to New York, Seattle, Edmonton, and Calgary.
Fast + Epp is proud to be the Structural Engineer of Record on the new Walmart Home Office Campus in Bentonville, Arkansas. Several 4 and 5 story office buildings will feature exposed mass timber construction (over 2.4 million sq. ft). An additional 2 million sq. ft of support and amenity buildings include a food hall, fitness center, auditorium, and others. The construction of these buildings will be phased concurrently over 3+ years, with multiple general contractors managing 4 large building quadrants.
We are looking for a Construction Site Administrator who will be primarily responsible for coordinating all construction administrative duties on site with the project managers and design team in our Vancouver and New York offices. You will also be supported by a local structural engineering team that is under contract to provide added site support. Candidates must have construction site experience with excellent organizational and communication skills in order to be considered for this position. You will be immersed in state-of-the-art mass timber construction methodologies and hybrid design.
This contract term would be from approx. May 1st, 2021 until December 15th, 2023 with the option to extend beyond 2023 within one of our Fast + Epp offices if both parties agree.
- Assist project managers with day to day management of the project and site documentation
- Provide weekly job site progress reports for each building
- Attend job site meetings and follow up with project managers for structural items
- Coordination of site instructions, change orders, RFIs, and specifications with the contractor and F+E project managers
- Assist in developing responses to site, with support from F+E team
- Minimum 5 years construction site experience in administration capacity
- Structural Engineering background preferred
- Mass Timber construction experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized and multi-tasking abilities
- Adaptable as the building type and construction types will vary over the contract term
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position depends on experience and qualifications; relocation expenses will also be considered. Fast + Epp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
If you’re interested, please email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume. You must be currently authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
Interested in Fast + Epp, but not this job? Follow us on Twitter: @fast_epp.