Join a growing firm as we find innovative ways to bring great design to life.
Fast + Epp is an internationally recognized structural engineering firm with a team that prioritizes creativity and simplicity. We work with all materials but are well known for our mass timber and timber-hybrid projects. We love working on architecturally expressive structures, on every scale from single-family homes to large institutional buildings. We enjoy work with a high premium on structural expression.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager with a minimum of 5 years of experience to join our team in our Vancouver Office. We are looking for an ambitious and energetic individual to develop pursuit strategies, identify project leads, build relationships within the design field, and manage all business development efforts for the firm. This position for Fast + Epp is for both Canadian and USA efforts as we continue to grow and expand our firm; ideally the candidate is based in Vancouver, BC but we are open to candidates based in Seattle or New York.
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales, or relevant field
- Engineering experience is not required but will be considered an asset
- Proven work experience as a business development manager, sales executive, or a relevant role
- Time management and planning skills
- Experience preparing proposals and bids for general contractors, architects/ other engineering firms
- Familiarity with risk management principals
- Market Knowledge
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. HubSpot)
- Strong oral, written communication skills and the ability to build rapport
- Proficiency in English
- Manages the execution and ensures consistency of the firm’s Business Development strategy
- Develops strategies for maintaining/enhancing stake in current geographic regions and expanding into new ones
- Develops strategies for maintaining/enhancing stake in current markets and expanding into new ones
- Oversees all seller/doer teams for the entire firm and coordinates promo trips as required
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the firm’s project portfolio and services offered
- Works with seller doers’ teams and their executive assistants to setup promo trips
- Ensures that all pursued proposals fit with in the overall business development strategy
- Oversees HubSpot (client relationship software) and manages sales pipeline and associated metrics
- Oversees KPI’s relevant to business development
- Identifies potential project and client opportunities
- Monitors online bid opportunities and coordinates pursuit of potential projects
- Chairs quarterly business development meeting for the firm
- Monitors proposal status tracks reasons for proposal win and losses
- Develops business development budgets
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position depends on experience and qualifications. We believe in measuring results, not counting hours, which means your schedule is flexible. Other benefits include comprehensive health coverage, a retirement savings plan, a performance-based bonus, and reimbursement for Continued Education, Professional Societies, and Professional Registrations. Fast + Epp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
If you’re interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume. You must be currently authorized to work lawfully in Canada or in US.
Interested in Fast + Epp, but not this job? Follow us on Twitter: @fast_epp.