Fast + Epp is looking for a motivated Accounts Receivable (AR) Clerk to join our accounting and administrative team in our Vancouver office.
Reporting to the Controller, the responsibilities of the AR Clerk are to perform bookkeeping duties and other financial reporting as stated below. The AR Clerk shall be familiar with ongoing programs and established procedures to properly accomplish duties assigned and to field unusual or difficult inquiries to the appropriate person.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Self-directed, highly motivated, reliable
- Thoroughly understands accounting concepts and financial statements
- Proficient in using Simply Accounting, Excel, and Word
- Previous experience using Ajera or other ERP systems considered highly valuable
- Excellent knowledge of business mathematical calculations
- Has a high level of accuracy working with numbers
- Good interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to set priorities effectively
- Ability to compose letters and memos
- Ability to participate in the writing, formatting, and editing of reports
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion and to protect confidential and sensitive information
- Perform day to day management of all receivable cycle activities and provide efficient client service
- Creates, updates, maintains projects in system and ensures billing setup is in accordance to the contract or proposal
- Produces draft and final copies of all invoices and sends out to clients in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Produces intercompany invoices and reconciles intercompany accounts monthly
- Sends out client statements monthly and follows up on collections
- Prepares banking deposits as required
- Archives project admin/accounting files quarterly
- Assists AP Clerk with maintenance of database program and compiling disbursement support
- Assists Controller in other duties as required
Hours and Salary
This is a full-time position, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, minimum. Compensation range is from $50,000 to $53,000 per year.
If you think this sounds like you, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.